https://advancedortho.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/shoveling-snow2.jpg 500 500 Keith Jacobson, DPM https://advancedortho.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/occ-logo-header-new.png Keith Jacobson, DPM2016-04-18 07:37:352016-04-20 10:58:23Shovel Again? Protect Your Spine and Joints
Shovel Again? Protect Your Spine and Joints
Dr. Jacobson demonstrates how to shovel correctly.
- Keep your arms close to your body and use your core for strength and stability.
- Make small scoops, especially with heavy, wet snow.
- Avoid throwing snow great distances. Instead, push the snow.
- Pace yourself. Shoveling is cardio and strength training rolled into one.
- Purchase a good shovel, one that allows for a hand grip closer to the shovel head for better lifting.