Dr. Andrew Motz is a Colorado native and one of the most respected orthopedic surgeons in the region. He’s been in private practice since 1994, specializing in sports medicine. He worked as a team physician for the Colorado Rockies, Colorado Rapids and Denver Grizzlies at the professional level and served as a team physician for Metro State College. Dr. Motz was also the team physician for the USA Hockey team and the Freestyle World Wrestling Championships.
Please review Dr. Motz’s list of credentials and contact our practice for more information or to make an appointment at (303) 344-9090.
- Sports Medicine
- Reconstruction of the Knee, Ankle, Shoulder, & Elbow
- Total Knee & Shoulder Replacement
Treatment of Common Problems With
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine focused on arthroscopic reconstructions and the care of collegiate athletes,
University of Wisconsin Clinical Sciences Center, Madison, WI
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery – University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
- Internship – Department of General Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
- Medical School – University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, graduated with honors and Alpha Omega Alpha
- Under Graduate – Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, awarded the
E.C. Van Diest Award as the outstanding scholar athlete; received a NCAA post-graduate scholarship for outstanding achievement
- Board Certified American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Denver Medical Society (Board of Directors)
- Colorado Medical Society (Delegate for annual meeting)
- Colorado High School Activities Association (Medical Director)
Interests Outside of Orthopedics
- Football and baseball (participating and spectating)
- Book collecting
- Traveling with his wife and two children
To review Dr. Motz’s resume click here.